Payment options

Washburn University offers several options for the payment of student account balances. Accepted payment methods include cash, checks (made payable to Washburn University or electronic through WU-View), debit cards, and credit cards (Visa, MasterCard, Discover, and American Express payments through WU-View only).

Please note that daily transaction limits on your bank account may restrict the amount that can be paid when using a debit card, regardless of whether you are paying at the cashier window or online.

In order to comply with Payment Card Industry (PCI) standards, no debit or credit card payments will be taken over the phone.

Holds may not be immediately cleared after payments made via check or webcheck are received.  So we can ensure the payment clears your bank, please allow a minimum of 7 days for the hold to be released.  A $30.00 fee will be charged to the student account for each check (paper or electronic) returned for any reason.

Log in to WU-View to pay by electronic check, signature debit card or credit card, or to set up a payment plan for the current term. Debit cards can only be used for online payments if a Visa or Mastercard logo is on the front of the card.

Please note that daily transaction limits on your bank account may restrict the amount that can be paid when using a debit card.

Payments made with credit cards will be charged a convenience fee of 2.85% ($3.00 minimum) of the total payment. View the credit card policy for more information regarding online payments.

Payments may be made at one of the cashier windows in Morgan Hall room 103. Accepted payment methods include cash, checks (made payable to Washburn University), money orders, or PIN-based debit cards.  Keep in mind the University is required to report to the IRS the receipt of cash in excess of $10,000 in a single transaction or in or two or more related transactions.  In these cases, additional identification may be required from the student.

Please note that daily transaction limits on your bank account may restrict the amount that can be paid when using a debit card.

A secure drop box is available for cash or check payments made outside of business hours.

Credit card payments must be made online through WU-View.

Payments can be mailed to the Business Office (1700 SW College Ave., Topeka KS 66621).

Please be sure to include the student’s name and Washburn Identification Number (WIN).

Please make checks payable to Washburn University.

Regardless of the postmark, payments received when the institution is closed for winter break will not be processed until the the institution reopens in January and will not be included in Box 1 of the 1098-T form for the previous calendar year.

Wire transfers from U.S. banks only may be sent directly to Washburn using these instructions. Please contact the Business Office at and alert us to the incoming payment so that the correct student account will be credited.


Wire transfers from banks outside of the U.S. must be sent to Washburn via Flywire. Washburn has partnered with Flywire to offer a secure and streamlined way to make a payment from your home country.  Flywire's mission is to save money for international students and their families that would otherwise be lost on bank fees and unfavorable foreign exchange rates.  Students can track the progress of the payment online and receive email and text alerts each step of the way.  Multilingual customer support via phone, chat and email is available 24/7 if you need assistance with your payment.  Using Flywire helps ensure all payments are sent to us with the information needed for each student. International students can go to to begin the payment process, to learn more about Flywire, or to find international support. A Washburn ID (i.e., your WIN number) is required when using Flywire.

Instructions for using Flywire can be found here.

Our office also facilitates payments made by the military, employers, third parties and Section 529 Plans  (such as Learning Quest). Please contact our office for assistance with any of these payments.
If you are considering making a payment in the current calendar year towards a term that takes place in a future calendar year, please note that the 1098-T forms reports payments made in a calendar year up to the amount of qualified tuition and related expenses (QTRE) charged in a calendar year.  For example, if a payment is made in December for classes that do not begin until January, the payment will not be reported unless the tuition for the January classes are charged to the student account during the reporting year.  Most of the time this is not a problem because we assess Spring tuition during the previous December, but if a payment is received and the student has not yet enrolled and has no other charges in the calendar year in which the payment is made, the payment will not be reported.

GET IN TOUCH WITH Business Office

Washburn University Business Office
Morgan Hall 103
1700 SW College Ave.
Topeka, KS 66621

Phone & Email

back to top button