Setting Up Payment Plans in WU-View
Payment plans are offered for the convenience of students and authorized users who want to spread out the payment of charges for a term instead of paying in full by the payment deadline.
- A $30.00 set up fee is charged to the student account when a payment plan is set up ($20 for summer sessions).
- A $25.00 late fee is charged to the student account for each installment not paid on time.
- Changes to the student account balance after the payment plan is set up will change the amount of remaining installments.
- Email notifications are sent to students and authorized users alerting them to upcoming payments and any changes in the installment amounts due.
- Installments may be set up to draft automatically from a bank account (webcheck or signature debit card) or credit card (convenience fees will apply) for ease of payment.
- Any cash, check, webcheck, debit card or credit card payments made on a student account are applied to the earliest unpaid installment(s) in the payment plan.
- Payments that are greater than the installment amount due will reduce the next payment(s) by the amount of the overpayment.
- Financial aid applied after the payment plan is set up will result in the recalculation of all remaining payments to reflect equal amounts due.
- NOTE: If your financial aid was delayed because (1) you are a first-time freshman and/or first-time borrower, or (2) you are attending a single semester this academic year, you may be eligible for a set up fee waiver. Carefully read and complete the payment plan enrollment fee waiver request and submit it to the Business Office for review and consideration.
Step By Step Instructions
- Log in to MyWashburn and go to the "Financial Services" tab
- Click on the WU-View button (first on right side, then on left side)
- In WU-View, select the "Payment Plans" tab on the top menu
- Select “Enroll Now” under Available Payment Plans
- Select the term from the drop down list (note separate term for law students)
- Select the plan from the drop down list
- Read over the payment plan information and click “Continue.”
- Review the information on the "Schedule Payment Plan" tab
- Click on "Display Schedule" to review installment amounts/dates, then click "Continue"
- Click "Yes" if you want to make automatic payments each month (then follow the procedures to set up a payment method)
- Click "No" if you want to make unscheduled payments online, in person, or by mail
- Click the "Continue" to proceed
- Read the agreement
- Check the "I agree" box and click on "Continue" to save and enroll in a payment plan. THE PAYMENT PLAN WILL NOT BE SET UP UNTIL THIS STEP IS COMPLETED!
- Click "Print Agreement" for a copy of your plan.
A Couple of Warnings about Automatic Payments
- Scheduled (automatic) payments must be set up at the time of enrollment in the payment plan
- Scheduled payments sent to a bank account with insufficient funds will be returned and overdraft charges and/or an installment late fee may apply; additionally a hold may be placed on the student account that will prevent future webcheck payments.