Setting Up Authorized Users in WU-View
Authorized users are persons granted permission by the student to access student information stored in WU-View. Additionally, the Business Office accepts authorization as the written permission required by FERPA to speak to persons other than student about the student’s account.
Authorized users have the ability to make online payments and set up payment plans on behalf of the student.
Step by Step Instructions
- Log in to WU-View through MyWashburn and go to the Financial Services tab
- Click on the WU-View button (first on the right side, then on the left side)
- On the right-hand column, under My Profile Setup, select the "Authorized Users" tab
- Click on "Add Authorized User"
- Enter the email address to be used for sending notifications to the authorized user. A valid email address is required to set up an authorized user.
- The options on what information the authorized user will be able to see in WU-View are:
- Would you like to allow this person to view your billing statement and account activity?
- Would you like to allow this person to view your payment history and account activity?
- Click the radio button next to the desired option(s) and press continue (the default for both options is "Yes")
- Review the "Agreement to Add Authorized User" and check the box to agree to the terms and conditions
- If the information is correct, print for your records and click on "Continue" to complete the process
- The authorized user will receive an email with login information and a password. If the password link is not working, it may be because the user's mailbox is automatically disabling links.
- If an authorized user is locked out from too many attempts, the authorized user must close the browser, wait 30 minutes, then initiate the "forgot password" process.
Although it is a poor idea for security reasons, students will sometimes give their personal login information to a parent so that s/he can view student information. Please know that this does NOT establish the parent as an authorized user, so the Business Office will be unable to answer questions except those of a general nature.