July 15th for Fall
December 1st for Spring
April 1st for Summer
*ALL steps to be completed prior to enrollment in the internship course
- Carefully read the internship information packet! The Internship packet can be found below.
- Consider where you would like to intern from the list of authorized agencies. If you desire an internship with an agency not listed, please contact the internship coordinator for prior approval.
- Contact the host internship agency to see if an internship is possible for your desired time frame. The prospective agency will likely want to interview you. Be prepared to answer questions regarding your interests, your time frame for completing the internship, etc. Most agencies require a background investigation.
- Once you have an agreement for placement with an internship, complete each of the following forms which can be found in the informational packet.
- Biographical Summary
- Agency Participation Form
- Agency Non-Discriminatory Policy Acknowledgement
- Student Waiver
Click here to access the Internship Information & Application Packet
Upon completion, submit the forms to the internship coordinator, Dr. Jason Jolicoeur at the Criminal Justice & Legal Studies Department for approval to enroll in the internship course.
*Please take note that the internship is no longer part of the Washburn Transformational Experience
Internship Agency Listings
Corrections Agency Listing (.pdf)
Law Enforcement/Security Administration Internship Agency Listing (.pdf)