Assistant professor, English
- "Teacher Negotiation and Embedded Process: A Study of High School Writing Assignments." Journal of Teaching Writing 26(2): 21-44.
- "Researcher and Teacher-participant Found Poetry: Collaboration in Poetic Transcription." International Journal of Education and the Arts 12(SI 1.10).
- "Service Learning and the Preparation of English Teachers." English Education 43:341-68 (2011) (with H.L. Hallman)
- "Interrogating Gender in the Secondary English Teacher Role: A Case Study of One Prospective English Teacher," Feminisms and Rhetorics Conference, Palo Alto, Calif., September 2013
- "I Have to Extend Myself": How High School Teachers Define College-level Writing," Council of Writing Program Administrators Conference, Savannah, Ga., July 2013
- "Writing Poetry to Illuminate Informative Texts" (roundtable), Commission on the Teaching of Poetry, National Council of Teachers of English Conference, Chicago, Ill., November 2011
- "Dual Credit Curricular Alignment: Facing Context and Collaboration in High Schools and Colleges," Conference of College Composition and Communication, Atlanta, Ga., April 2011
- "Blurring the Lines Between 'Creative' and 'Academic' Writing," National Council of Teachers of English Conference, Orlando, Fla., November 2010
Offices and appointments
- "Editorial board, Young Scholars in Writing
- "Sources of Professional Knowledge: How Do High School Teachers Define 'College-level Writing'?" Council of Writing Program Administrators Research Grant, $1,732, March 2012
- Consultant, Seaman High School Writing Center, Topeka (2013)
- Teacher inservice facilitator, Independence (Mo.) School District (2012)