Passport to Success
The Passport for Success is an
advising program designed to ensure academic success for freshman in their
first few semesters at Washburn University.
Students in the program will be assigned an academic advisor whom they
will meet with periodically throughout their first semester or two at the
- Attend three advising sessions that will include academic assessment,
program and degree planning.
- Enroll in no more than 12 semester
credit hours during their first year. (Exceptions will be made upon approval by
- Enroll in IS 100 The College Experience or WU 101
Washburn Experience – Student Success, Freshman Seminar - Courses.
- Participate in study skills, career planning,
test taking and other seminars offered by the Office of Academic
Advising/Academic Success Center.
- Receive referrals such as tutoring
Students will be contacted by their
assigned advisor at the beginning of each term.
For more information, please email firstname.lastname@example.org.