A Washburn student works on a laptop on the grass of the quad in the middle of campus.

Non-Degree & High School

Non-Degree & High School Students

If you're thinking about taking college classes for personal enrichment, or if you're a high-school student who would like to get a head start on your college career, attending Washburn as a non-degree seeking student could be just the thing for you. 

Non-degree seeking and visiting Students are students interested in taking courses for college credit who are either currently enrolled at another college or university; or who are not attempting to complete a degree at Washburn University.

Concurrent Enrollment Partnership (CEP) Program – students currently enrolled in high school who are interested in taking concurrent classes offered through their respective high schools.

High School Students – students currently enrolled in high school who are interested in taking one or more courses on campus or online for credit (not through the Concurrent Enrollment Partnership Program)

Check out our course schedule today. Then apply now at BecomeAnIchabod.washburn.edu. Once you have created an account, click "Apply Online" and select "Concurrent Enrollment Program (High School)" to proceed.

E-mail admissions@washburn.edu with your questions, or connect with Brett Johnson, Associate Director of Admissions. 

60+ tuition-free course audit – Kansas residents over the age of 60 may audit courses at Washburn University without paying tuition.  If you have any questions, please contact Lisa Tessendorf at 785-670-1393 or lisa.tessendorf@washburn.edu.

Financial aid is only available to degree seeking students.

Picture of students