Why become a Volunteer?
One of the advantages of the Leadership Challenge EventTM is that it gives participating students as well as the Washburn University Leadership Institute the opportunity to connect with campus leaders and leaders in the Topeka community. Partnerships are very important to us at the Leadership Institute and we value the insight and real-life experience that they often provide.
It is our hope to have several campus and community members participate with the LCETM being connected as volunteers. Qualified volunteers are needed to ensure the adequate implementation of a high quality experience for all participants. Volunteer opportunities include the following:
- Judges – Individuals that will engage in the evaluation of competitive teams in the leadership simulation, focusing on elements of both leader and leadership effectiveness
- Simulation Role Players – Individuals that will play fictional roles as part of the leadership simulation in a live interactive format
Benefits of Being a Volunteer
There are several benefits to individuals volunteering their time in support of the Leadership Challenge EventTM; some of these benefits include the following:
- Contribute to the leadership development of our community’s high school and college students;
- Develop your own leadership skills through your optional involvement in leadership workshops;
- Participate in an one-of-a kind historical community event;
- Experience the unique partnering opportunity across academic, non-profit, and for-profit sectors;
- Take advantage of potential recruiting opportunities and visibility of your organization with participating students;
- Interact with the leaders of our community throughout the day;
- Have a lot of Fun!
Come and experience the next generation of leaders in action!