Washburn University Mission, Vision and Core Values
Approved by the Washburn University Board of Regents 31 October 2013
Washburn University is a premier public Midwest regional teaching institution recognized as a community leader in providing a superior student-centered, teaching-focused learning experience, preparing graduates for success in their chosen profession and stimulating economic vitality.
Washburn University enriches the lives of students by providing opportunities for them to develop and to realize their intellectual, academic, and professional potential, leading to becoming productive and responsible citizens. We are committed to excellence in teaching, scholarly work, quality academic and professional programs, and high levels of faculty-student interaction. We develop and engage in relationships to enhance educational experiences and our community.
- Integrity: acting in an honest, fair, and ethical manner, creating a culture of trust evident in all University activities and decision making.
- Excellence: serving our scholarly community by delivering consistently high-quality programs, teaching, service, and scholarship.
- Accountability: ensuring academic, programmatic, and fiscal integrity and value through prudent management of resources entrusted to the University.
- Respect: embracing diversity and treating others collegially with civility, openness, and professionalism in all interactions, activities, and decision making.
- Collaboration: working toward common goals with others in the University and the community while valuing teamwork, participation, and diversity of ideas and perspectives.
- Innovation: encouraging, considering, and supporting development of ideas by fostering individual ingenuity and creativity and creating an environment with opportunities for growth and change.
Approved by the Washburn Board of Regents, Oct. 31, 2013