Karen Diaz Anchante
College of Arts & Sciences
1700 SW College Ave
- Degrees & Certifications
- University of Georgia, Master of Arts
- Arizona St Univ Main Campus, Doctor of Philosophy
- Academic History
- 2008 - Present. Assistant Professor of Spanish, tenure-track. Washburn University.
- 2007-2008. Visiting Assistant Professor of Spanish. Miami University, Ohio. (Upper division courses)
- 2004 - 2007 Teaching Associate of Spanish. Arizona State University. (Lower and Upper division courses)
- 2002 - 2004. Teaching Assistant of Spanish. The university of Georgia. (Lower division courses)
- SP 201 A, Intermediate Spanish I
- SP 201 B, Intermediate Spanish I
- SP 202 A, Intermediate Spanish II
- SP 202 B, Intermediate Spanish II
- SP 312 A, Spanish Composition
- SP 324 A, Civilization of Spain
- SP 380 A, Hispanic Culture thru Film
- SP 400 A, Senior Thesis
- Scholarly Interests/Activities
- Transatlantic Literature, Film and Mass Media
- Hispanic Cultural Studies
- Gender Studies, Women Studies
- Urban Culture
- Film Adaptation
- Literary & Cultural Theory
- Service Interests/Activities
- Discussion leader at the Latin American Cinema Festival of Kansas City, Missouri. 2008, 2009, 2011.
- Translating and Interpreting. Spanish-English, English-Spanish.
- ESL, EFL.
- International Education
- Career Accomplishments
- Ph.D. in Spanish (Transatlantic Cultural Studies). Arizona State University, 2008.
- Master of Arts in Spanish (Spanish and Latin American Literature). The University of Georgia, 2004.
- Bachelor of Arts in Communications, Licenciatura in Journalism. Universidad de San Martín de Porres, Perú, 1995.