Connect with us!
Date/Time Requested for Session
Course Number and Title
Number of Students
Day and Time Class Meets
Is there a particular librarian
you would like to request?
Please describe the type of library research you are requiring of
your students and what you are hoping your students will learn from
this session. Students should be familiar with the requirements of
the assignment before they come to a library instruction session.
Success of any library instruction session is based on students having
an actual research assignment and knowing what that assignment is
before they come for the library session.
Please mark the type of instructional session you are interested
in. Be sure to notice time constraints!
1. Mabee Library Tour (20 minutes)
2. Search Strategy Techniques – (10 minutes) Please select one of the sessions below in yellow
3. Locating articles using citations (20 minutes)
4. Using the Library Catalog (20 minutes)
5. Academic One File (20 minutes)
6. Wilson Web (20 minutes)
7. Overview: Subject Specific Databases (20 minutes)
8. Interlibrary Loan (10 minutes)
9. Scholarly v. Popular Publications (10 minutes)
10. Evaluating Websites (30 minutes)
11. Citing Sources (20 minutes)
12. Ethical Use of Information (30 minutes) Finding Scholarly Resources using Google/Google Scholar
13. Specialized sessions - (time requirements vary).
Faculty work directly with a librarian to create sessions geared to specialized library assignments, to learn only a specific database, or to review unique resources.
Once you send the form, Sean Bird (x1550) will schedule the class and refer your request
to the appropriate librarian. The librarian will then contact you
to discuss your particular assignment and session. Give us a call
if you have questions.