The default option for transferring calls is a consultative transfer. This means that in order to transfer the call, you need to talk to the person to which you are transferring.
To perform a consultative transfer:
- From Lines or Calls view (i.e. active call), press Transfer. The active call is held.
- From the Dialer, place a call to the person you want to transfer the call.
- When you hear the person answer the phone, press Transfer a second time to transfer the call. To cancel the transfer before the call connects, press Cancel to talk to the caller again.
To perform a blind transfer:
- From the Lines or Calls view, press and hold Transfer.
- Select Blind by arrowing down to blind and selecting Select.
- From the dialer, enter the number to dial to place the call.
- Once the call conencts, the call is transferred and the caller is now hearing ringing or the person answer on the other end. Your part of the call ends. If you wish to cancel the blind transfer, press Cancel to return to the caller.