ITS understands the need to sometimes collect information and associate the information collected with the individual submitting the information through authentication that verifies the individual’s association with the University.
- When MyWashburn authentication is not required and you need it NOW, ITS recommends the free service available through www.surveymonkey.com :
- 10 questions per survey
- 100 responses per survey
- Collect data via weblink, email, facebook or embed on your site
- Real-time results
- No ITS involvement
- When MyWashburn authentication is not required and you need it NOW: a survey tool is available through Google Docs.
- If audience of survey are students in a class or classes, Angel has a survey feature for this purpose.
- When MyWashburn authentication and/or authorization by MyWashburn role is an important element for the survey, ITS offers the ITS Survey tool.
- When the University is planning an event requiring registration, ITS offers the ITS Event tool for registration.
ITS Survey Tool Features
- Authentication based upon MyWashburn username/password ((provides for both secure transfer and storage of data.)
- Optional authorization based upon survey rules
- Through self-service administrative interface:
- Survey Creator can add/modify questions at any time. Question types include radio buttons for single value answers, checkboxes for all that apply answers, and text input for freeform answers.
- Listing of individual results sorted by email address or data submitted.
- Each individual respondent’s submission can be viewed one at a time.
- Statistical summaries are available to compile the survey answers in real time.
- Survey Creator can download responses and date submitted into a semicolon delimited file, to be read into Excel or Access for additional analysis of data.
ISS Event Form Tool Features
(in addition to features in Survey Tool)
- Optional customized courtesy reply through email to attendee.
- Optional notification email containing registration event data to event administrator.
- Optional Data Entry field for Notes per attendee.
- Optional Paypal or authorize.net button (requires approval from Chris Leach).
- More than one text input field per response. (For example, city, state and zip as separate fields.)
For additional information about building surveys for individuals in Angel courses, contact firstname.lastname@example.org, 785.670.2381.
For additional information regarding the survey/event tool, contact Eileen Brouddus, 785.670.2301.