Vacancy - Adjunct Technical Instructor Surgical Tech
Washburn Institute of Technology seeks applications for an adjunct Surgical Technology clinical instructor. The successful candidate will be required to submit to a background check prior to hire. The candidate will be required to provide proof of current CPR certification and immunization records including current negative TB test results.
- Adjunct Technical Instructors are expected to be positive role models for students and maintain licensure and certifications necessary to teach Surgical Tech classes. Instruction shall be based on current teaching practices, including the potential of online teaching.
- Collaborate with other technical instructors to implement the course of study.
- Teach both theoretical and clinical learning experiences.
- Direct, guide and evaluate student performance in the clinical and laboratory setting.
- Maintain a positive learning environment.
- Maintain student records pertaining to the program.
- Evaluate each course one teaches and one’s own performance in teaching.
- Assist in selection, recruitment, retention, evaluation, advising and counseling of program students.
- Actively participate in professional organizations and advisory committees. Attend seminars, conferences and workshops.
- Develop and maintain working relationships and constructive interaction with other faculty and personnel of the school, cooperating agencies and community groups.
- Serve as a member of committees as assigned.
- Perform all other functions necessary for the proper operation of assigned courses.
- Ability to move and maneuver equipment and materials weighing as much as 50 pounds.
REQUIRED: Certified Surgical Technologist in good standing with no disciplinary action pending. Three years surgical technology experience. Experience using computer and spreadsheet software. Ability to work in all clinical sites and areas to be taught.
PREFERRED: Teaching experience.
To apply, submit a letter of interest, resume, names and phone numbers of three professional references, college transcript(s), and copy of current credentials to firstname.lastname@example.org or mail to the Margo Stewart, Washburn Institute of Technology, 5724 SW Huntoon St, Topeka, KS 66604. Review of applications will begin August 11, 2017, and will continue until the position is filled.
Washburn University is an Equal Opportunity Employer. To enrich education through diversity candidates from under-represented groups are encouraged to apply. http://www.washburntech.edu