Vacancy - Spanish Lecturer
(Recruitment Number 820214)
Washburn University's Department of Modern Languages invites applications for the position of Lecturer of Spanish (possibility of renewal) beginning Aug. 1, 2014. This position is a full-time 9 month, non-tenure track appointment as Lecturer.
- M.A. in Spanish or equivalent field
- Native/near native Spanish and English fluency
- Evidence of successful teaching of language and culture at the university level.
- Teach primarily first-year Spanish courses with the opportunity to teach other courses.
- Participate in extracurricular Spanish activities.
- Participate in some academic advising and other department service activities.
- Application review will begin March 24, 2014 and continue until the position is filled. Send application letter, vita, evidence of teaching effectiveness at the university level and of leadership in promoting extra-curricular activities, copies of transcripts and name/addresses/phone numbers of 3 references to: Ms. Monique Robins at firstname.lastname@example.org (do not send additional materials until requested). Only electronic application materials will be accepted. For questions, Dr. Karen Diaz Anchante, Search Committee Chair, may be contacted at: email@example.com. The successful candidate will be required to submit to a background check prior to hire. To enrich education through diversity, Washburn University is an EOE. Candidates from under-represented groups are encouraged to apply. http://www.washburn.edu.