Vacancy -Lecturer Psychology
(Recruitment Number 1120214)
Washburn University's Department of Psychology invites applications for the position of Lecturer (possibility of renewal) beginning August, 2014. This position is a 9 month, non-tenure-track appointment as Lecturer.
- PhD or PsyD in clinical psychology or related area; ABD applicants will be considered.
- Licensed or license-eligible in Kansas
- Evidence of teaching excellence/potential
- Experience mentoring student research
- Experience providing clinical supervision
- Teach undergraduate Intro, Abnormal Psychology, and other undergraduate courses consistent with the candidate’s training and interests
- Graduate teaching consistent with candidate’s expertise
- Participate in advising and other departmental service activities
- Application review will begin March 24, 2014 and continue until the position is filled. Send application letter, vita, evidence of teaching effectiveness/promise, preprints/reprints, copies of transcripts, and name/addresses/phone numbers of 3 professional references to Ms. Bonnie Paine at email@example.com (do not send additional materials until requested). Only electronic application materials will be accepted. For questions, Dr. Dave Provorse, Search Committee Chair, may be contacted at: firstname.lastname@example.org. The successful candidate will be required to submit to a background check prior to hire and to submit official transcripts. To enrich education through diversity, Washburn University is an EOE. Candidates from under-represented groups are encouraged to apply. www.washburn.edu.