Vacancy - Assistant Professor Political Science
(Recruitment Number 1020214)
Washburn University's Department of Political Science invites applications for the position of Assistant Professor beginning August 1, 2014. This position is a 9 month, tenure track appointment as Assistant Professor. A completed doctorate is necessary for tenure-track appointment.
- A Ph.D. in Political Science with evidence of concentrations in graduate courses and scholarly research in Comparative Politics, International Politics, American Politics and Research Methodology.
- Dissertation or other research publication in the field of Comparative or International Politics.
- Language fluency in a Romance language such as Spanish or Portuguese.
- The successful candidate will be responsible for teaching 4 classes each fall and spring academic term including one or more introductory courses in American Politics or State and Local Politics each term. In addition to traditional instructional responsibilities candidates should anticipate that managing and leading study abroad activities for students during times outside the normal fall and spring academic terms will be an expectation associated with this position. The successful candidate will be responsible for advising students, serving on academic committees, and other duties as assigned within the purview and spirit of the Faculty Handbook (http://www.washburn.edu/faculty-staff/faculty-resources/faculty-handbook/index.html). An active research agenda and a willingness to engage in service to the department, university, and external community are also components of this tenure-track academic appointment.
- Application review will begin March 27, 2014 and continue until the position is filled. Send application letter, vita, copies of transcripts and name/addresses/phone numbers of 3 references to: Cathryn Tunnell, Departmental Administrative Assistant, Department of Political Science, Washburn University,1700 SW. College Ave., Topeka, KS. 66621 (do not send additional materials until requested). Either hard copy or electronic submissions of applications and supporting materials will be accepted, however, electronic submissions are preferred. Send questions and electronic submissions to email@example.com. The successful candidate will be required to submit to a background check prior to hire. To enrich education through diversity, Washburn University is an EOE. Candidates from under-represented groups are encouraged to apply. www.washburn.edu.
Washburn University is a public, open-enrollment liberal arts university located in Topeka, Kansas. Topeka, Kansas is the capital city of the state with a metropolitan area of approximately 170,000 population.