Vacancy - Kinesiology Physical Education Lecturer
(Recruitment Number 270214)
Washburn University's Kinesiology Department invites applications for the position of Lecturer in Kinesiology/Physical Education beginning August 2014. This position is a full-time, 9-month, non-tenure track appointment.
- Minimum of a Master’s degree in Physical Education, Kinesiology or related area.
- Candidate must have a background in: Secondary Physical Education Methods, Physical Education Activity Techniques, Instructional Strategies, Adapted Physical Education, and Measurement and Evaluation in Physical Education.
- Successful public school teaching.
- Successful teaching at the college/university level.
- Evidence of discipline-related research, scholarly publication and/or other scholarly/creative activity.
- Evidence of discipline-related professional service to state, regional or national associations.
- Teach semester course loads as assigned by the Department Chair.
- Candidate may also be asked to teach Motor Development, Elementary and Middle School Health/PE for Education Department majors as well as Curriculum Development in Physical Education.
- Advise students, maintain regular office hours and participate in departmental governance.
- Student Teaching supervision.
- Scholarship and Service consistent with department standards.
- Application review will begin March 24, 2014 and continue until the position is filled. Send application letter, vita, copies of transcripts and name/address/phone number of 4 references to: Nancy Province, Kinesiology Department, Washburn University, 1700 SW. College Ave., Topeka, KS. 66621 (do not send additional materials until requested). Submit application materials online or via postal service. For questions, contact: email@example.com. The successful candidate will be required to submit to a background check prior to hire. To enrich education through diversity, Washburn University is an EOE. Candidates from under-represented groups are encouraged to apply. www.washburn.edu.