Vacancy - Assistant Professor Kinesiology/Exercise Physiology
(Recruitment Number 90130214)
Washburn University's Kinesiology Department invites applications for the position of Assistant Professor in Kinesiology/Exercise Physiology beginning August 2014. This position is a full-time, 9-month, tenure-track appointment.
- Earned doctorate in Kinesiology, or related area (ABD may be considered).
- Strong background in Exercise Physiology.
- Candidate must have a background in: Physiology of Exercise, Fitness Testing and Exercise Prescription, Planning and Leading Exercise, and Current Literature in Kinesiology.
- Successful teaching at the college/university level.
- Evidence of discipline-related research, scholarly publication and/or other scholarly/creative activity.
- Evidence of discipline-related professional service to state, regional or national associations.
- Supervision of Exercise Science lab
- ACSM certification.
- Teach semester course loads as assigned by the Department Chair.
- Candidate may also be asked to teach Nutrition for Sports and Fitness and/or Motor Learning.
- Supervise Exercise Science Lab
- Advise students, maintain regular office hours and participate in departmental governance.
- Arrange and oversee internship placements
- Scholarship and Service appropriate to rank.
- Application review will begin March 24, 2014 and continue until the position is filled. Send application letter, vita, copies of transcripts and name/address/phone number of 4 references to: Nancy Province, Kinesiology Department, Washburn University, 1700 SW. College Ave., Topeka, KS. 66621 (do not send additional materials until requested). Submit application materials online or via postal service. For questions, contact: firstname.lastname@example.org. The successful candidate will be required to submit to a background check prior to hire. To enrich education through diversity, Washburn University is an EOE. Candidates from under-represented groups are encouraged to apply. www.washburn.edu.