Vacancy - French Lecturer
(Recruitment Number 782014)
Washburn University's Department of Modern Languages invites applications for the position of Lecturer of French (possibility of renewal) beginning Aug. 1, 2014. This is a full-time 9 month, non tenure-track appointment as Lecturer.
- MA in French Language, Literature, or Linguistics
- Native/near native French and English fluency
- Evidence of successful teaching of language and culture at the university level
- Ph.D. in French Language, Literature, or Linguistics (specialization open)
- Experience in methods of teaching foreign languages
- Teach beginning, intermediate, and upper-division advanced French grammar, composition and literature courses.
- Participate in extracurricular French activities.
- Participate in some academic advising and other department service activities.
- Possibility of supervising student teachers.
- Application review will begin March 24, 2014 and continue until the position is filled. Send application letter, vita, evidence of teaching effectiveness at the university level and of leadership in promoting extra-curricular activities, copies of transcripts and name/addresses/phone numbers of 3 references to: Ms. Monique Robins at email@example.com (do not send additional materials until requested). Only electronic application materials will be accepted. For questions, Dr. Gabi Lunte, Search Committee Chair, may be contacted at: firstname.lastname@example.org. The successful candidate will be required to submit to a background check prior to hire. To enrich education through diversity, Washburn University is an EOE. Candidates from under-represented groups are encouraged to apply. www.washburn.edu.