Vacancy - Assistant or Associate Professor -Psychiatric Mental Health
(Recruitment Number 2480118)
Washburn University seeks a dynamic Psychiatric Mental Health Nurse APRN to teach in an online graduate nursing program as a full-time, tenure track faculty member starting August 2018 pending funding. Appointment to rank of Associate Professor would be contingent upon meeting the criteria posted in the Faculty Handbook: http://www.washburn.edu/faculty-staff/faculty-resources/faculty-handbook/faculty-handbook-section-3.html The successful candidate is expected to demonstrate a commitment to quality graduate education while supporting an active faculty practice and program of scholarship. Candidates must have a minimum of a doctoral degree in nursing and certification as a Psychiatric Mental Health Nurse Practitioner (PMHNP) or Clinical Nurse Specialist (PMHCNS).
- National certification as a Psychiatric Mental Health NP or CNS
- Licensed in Kansas as RN and APRN by July 1, 2018
- Minimum two years current experience as an advanced practice nurse in Psychiatry
- Experience in nursing education - teaching at the undergraduate and/or graduate level
- PhD, DNP or completion of a minimum of 12 credit hours toward a terminal nursing degree
- Evidence of active scholarship related to research, teaching and/or clinical practice
- Experience in online teaching
- Experience with curriculum design, implementation and evaluation
- Experience with student advisement
- Current pattern of service to professional organizations
- Instruction and oversight of graduate students in the Psychiatric Mental Health Nurse Practitioner graduate programs.
- Relevant course design, curricular updates and curriculum assessment.
- Student advisement during student program.
- Mentoring faculty and students in a Scholarship Strategic Plan.
- Evaluation of student performance in both didactic and clinical courses.
- Service to the School and University.
- Send application letter, resume/vita, copies of transcripts and name/addresses/phone numbers of 3 professionals’ references to: Dr. Delaine Smith, Director of the Psychiatric Mental Health Nurse Practitioner Post-Graduate Certificate Program, Washburn University, 1700 SW. College Ave., Topeka, KS. 66621 (do not send additional materials until requested). Only complete applications and application materials will be accepted. For questions, Mary Kay Thornburg may be contacted at 785-670-1526 or at email@example.com
- Application review will begin April 1,2018 and continue until the position is filled.
- Salary commensurate with academic credentials and experience.
- For further information about the School of Nursing, please visit http://www.washburn.edu/main/nursing/index.html
- The successful candidate will be required to submit to a background check prior to hire. Washburn University is an EOE. To enrich education through diversity, candidates from under-represented groups are encouraged to apply.