Vacancy - Criminal Justice Assistant Professor
(Recruitment Number 3700914)
Washburn University's Department of Criminal Justice and Legal Studies invites applications for the position of Assistant Professor in the Criminal Justice Program beginning January 2015. This position is a 9-month, tenure-track appointment as Assistant Professor. A completed doctorate is necessary for tenure-track appointment.
- Ph.D. in criminal justice or related field; ABD may be considered.
- Evidence of excellence in teaching.
- Online teaching experience
- 12-hour per semester teaching load; academic advising to students; professional, community, and university service; and scholarship.
- Application review begins October 13, 2014 and continues until position is filled. Send application letter, vita, copies of transcripts and name/addresses/phone numbers of 3 references to: Beth Kuhn, Washburn University, Dean's Office, Benton Hall 306, 1700 S.W. College Ave., Topeka, KS. 66621 (do not send additional materials until requested). Only hardcopy applications and application materials will be accepted. The successful candidate will be required to submit to a background check prior to hire. Washburn University is an EOE. To enrich education through diversity, candidates from under-represented groups are encouraged to apply. http://www.washburn.edu