Vacancy - Assistant/Associate Professor of Social Work
(Recruitment Number 3550817, 10190817)
Washburn University's Department of Social Work invites applications for two open positions of Assistant or Associate Professor beginning August 1, 2018. These positions are 9 month, tenure-track appointments. Appointment at the rank of Associate Professor would be contingent upon meeting the criteria posted in the Washburn University Faculty Handbook: http://www.washburn.edu/faculty-staff/faculty-resources/faculty-handbook/faculty-handbook-section-3.html#
- Doctoral degree in a field closely related to social work (e.g. Psychology, Sociology, or Education, etc.) or a degree plan in place to complete such a doctoral degree by May of 2019.
- Master’s Degree in Social Work (MSW) from a CSWE-accredited program.
- At least two years of full-time post-MSW social work practice experience.
- Doctoral degree in Social Work, or a degree plan in place to complete such a doctoral degree by May of 2019.
- University teaching experience at the graduate or undergraduate level.
- Instruction of 12 credit hours in the Social Work curriculum per semester. Classes can be at the undergraduate level or at the graduate level, which includes an emphasis in Clinical Social Work. Teaching will occur online and/or on campus as assigned. Responsibilities also include academic advising to students, holding on-campus office hours at least 3 days per week, service (professional, community, and university), and scholarly activity. Salary commensurate with qualifications and experience.
- Application review will begin October 1, 2017 and continue until the positions are filled. Send application letter, vita, transcripts, and names and contact information for three professional references to: Beth Kuhn, School of Applied Studies, Washburn University, 1700 SW College Ave, Topeka, KS 66621; email@example.com. Electronic or hardcopy applications and application materials will be accepted. The successful candidate will be required to submit to a background check and must submit official transcripts prior to hire. Washburn University is an EOE. www.washburn.edu .