Vacancy - Assistant/Associate Professor of Human Services
(Recruitment Number 3450118)
Washburn University's Human Services Department invites applications for the position of Assistant or Associate Professor beginning August 1, 2018. This position is a 9 month, tenure-track appointment. Appointment at the rank of Associate Professor would be contingent upon meeting the criteria posted in the Washburn University Faculty Handbook: http://www.washburn.edu/faculty-staff/faculty-resources/faculty-handbook/faculty-handbook-section-3.html#
- Doctoral degree in Human Services or a closely related field (e.g. Psychology, Counseling, Social Work, Marriage and Family Therapy, Human Development, Nursing, etc.); or a degree plan in place to complete such a doctoral degree by May of 2020.
- University teaching experience at the undergraduate or graduate level
- Has, or can obtain within one year (without additional coursework), a Master’s- or Doctoral-level license issued by the Kansas Behavioral Sciences Regulatory Board (e.g. LMAC, LCAC, LP, LMSW, LMFT, LPC, etc.)
- Instruction of 12 credit hours as assigned in the Human Services curriculum per semester at the undergraduate and/or graduate level. Such classes may be at the undergraduate level or at the graduate level. Teaching will occur on campus and/or online as assigned. Responsibilities also include academic advising to students, holding on-campus office hours at least 3 days per week, service (professional, community and university) and scholarly productivity. Salary commensurate with qualifications and experience.
- Application review will begin March 5th, 2018 and continue until the position is filled.
- Send application letter specifically addressing all required and preferred qualifications, vita, transcripts, and names and contact information for three professional references to: email@example.com. The successful candidate will be required to submit to a background check and must submit official transcripts prior to hire. Washburn University is an EOE. www.washburn.edu