Human Resources at Washburn University seeks applications on an on-going basis from Registered Nurses to serve as part-time, temporary, day, evening and weekend Practical Nurse teachers at the Washburn Institute of Technology. These positions are for the 2012-2013 school year. Employment at Washburn University and Washburn Institute of Technology may be conditioned upon satisfactory completion of a background check and/or pre-employment drug test. The new employee will be required to provide CPR certification, current health and immunization records including recent negative TB test results. These positions may develop into regular, benefit-eligible positions if circumstances warrant.
Teachers are expected to provide positive role models for students and maintain licensure and certifications necessary to teach LPN classes. Instruction shall be based on current state-of-the-art practices in the field.
- Participate in the development, organization, implementation and evaluation of curriculum.
- Participate in developing standards for student admission, progression and program completion.
- Develop course objectives and content and laboratory experiences and implement the course of study in cooperation with other faculty.
- Teach both theoretical and clinical learning experiences.
- Select and maintain appropriate materials, audiovisuals and equipment to enhance student education.
- Direct, guide and evaluate student performance in the clinical and laboratory setting.
- Maintain a positive learning environment.
- Maintain student records pertaining to the program.
- Evaluate each course taught and performance in teaching.
- Assist in selection, recruitment, retention, evaluation, advising and counseling of program students.
- Submit recommendations related to budget and purchases.
- Actively participate in professional organizations and advisory committees. Attend seminars, conferences and workshops.
- Develop and maintain working relationships and constructive interaction with other faculty and personnel of the school, cooperating agencies and community groups.
- Serve as a member of committees as assigned.
- Perform all other functions necessary for the proper operation of assigned courses
REQUIRED: BSN or degree plan in place to obtain a BSN. Current Kansas licensure as a registered nurse in good standing with no disciplinary action pending. Computer literate. Ability to move and maneuver equipment and materials weighing as much as 50 pounds; to observe and document student performance, eye/hand coordination and temperament; and to work in all clinical sites and areas to be taught.
PREFERRED: Master’s degree in nursing. Two years of professional work experience in nursing. Clinical experience in a hospital, long term care facility or similar health care facility and/or nursing instructional experience within the last two years. Teaching experience.
Submit a letter of interest, resume, Resume Supplement for Washburn Institute of Technology Teaching Positions, copy of official college transcript(s), copy of current nursing license, and names and phone numbers of three professional references to email@example.com or to Washburn University Human Resources, 263 Morgan Hall, 1700 SW College, Topeka, Kansas 66621. Review of resumes is on-going. Salary is $25 per hour. Part-time, temporary positions may be renewed for the 2013-2014 school term. Some positions may develop into regular, benefits-eligible positions if circumstances warrant.
TO ENRICH EDUCATION THROUGH DIVERSITY, WASHBURN UNIVERSITY IS AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER. CANDIDATES FROM UNDER-REPRESENTED GROUPS ARE ENCOURAGED TO APPLY.