Recruitment No. K91213
Human Resources at Washburn University seeks candidates for a Recruitment Counselor position at Washburn Institute of Technology (Washburn Tech). This position reports to the Recruitment Director.
- Works with high schools, employers and other organizations to schedule, organize and promote large-scale and individualized recruitment events, career fairs, presentations and other activities that educate and inform participants of educational opportunities at Washburn Tech.
- Establishes and fosters positive working relationships and partnerships with high school staff, employers and other organizations that will facilitate student referral and advisement relative to technical education and training at Washburn Tech.
- Working with other Washburn Tech counselors and administrators, provides input for the development of brochures and other promotional literature for use in educating prospective students and the public about Washburn Tech. Develops materials using digital cameras and video editing software.
- Meets one-on-one with prospective students and/or their parents to answer questions and offer advice and suggestions for educational opportunities based on each prospect’s interests, strengths and needs.
- Develops relationships with prospective students using email, hard copy correspondence, phone calls and personal contact to optimize personal assistance and counseling relative to potential enrollment.
- Schedules and conducts campus tours for individuals and groups to acquaint them with the Washburn Tech campus and promote their enrollment in Washburn Tech programs.
- Drafts, prepares and sends correspondence, establishes and maintains files and performs other tasks to document and support recruitment activities.
- Compiles data and information, develops and submits reports of recruitment and admissions-related activities.
TERRITORY MANAGEMENT AND RECRUITMENT ACTIVITIES
- Territory Management: Interprets and analyzes data from completed recruitment activities to determine those that have been the most successful in improving overall yield, and establishes goals for the approaching recruitment year. Develops and implements a territory recruitment plan to maximize recruitment efforts for an assigned territory and enhance support of overall admission goals. Documents all student interactions and information that will be beneficial in the recruitment and reporting process. Compiles and assesses data, develops and prepares reports of recruitment activities, successes and challenges for Washburn Tech and/or Washburn University administrators.
- Recruitment: Schedules visits to high schools and participation in college fairs and other recruitment events to communicate educational opportunities available at Washburn Tech to external populations, i.e., prospective students, parents, alumni and adult learners. Hosts prospective students during campus visits, information days, scholarship receptions and other on-campus events to help visitors get to know the Washburn Tech campus and learn about the opportunities and advantages Washburn Tech has to offer. Identifies and recommends scholarships for students who demonstrate merit as the recruitment process progresses.
- Tele-counseling: Communicates, with prospective students, school administrators, guidance/college counselors and other vital decision makers in the college planning process in person, via personal phone calls, written and electronic communication and using current technology to develop and nurture relationships that will encourage enrollment and attendance at Washburn Tech.
RECRUITMENT OFFICE AND WASHBURN TECH INVOLVEMENT AND SUPPORT
- Working with Recruitment Office staff and other stakeholders as appropriate, plans, organizes and coordinates events such as information days, scholarship receptions, etc., to ensure the success of each event. Compiles and assesses participant evaluation data and makes recommendations for future events.
- Builds relationships with faculty and Washburn Tech staff, serves on Washburn Tech Committees.
- Establishes an electronic presence for Washburn Tech using Twitter, LinkedIn, Facebook and other electronic resources. Updates posted information regularly to keep it current, relevant, accurate and attractive to those who may access Washburn Tech by electronic means.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
REQUIRED: Bachelor’s degree and experience in recruitment. Valid Kansas driver's license with driving record acceptable to Washburn University.
PREFERRED: Master's degree. Experience in educational recruitment. Ability to speak and understand Spanish.
Submit a letter of interest, resume, Resume Supplement for Administrative Positions, copy of official college transcript(s), and names and phone numbers of three professional references to email@example.com or to Washburn University Human Resources, 263 Morgan Hall, 1700 SW College, Topeka, Kansas 66621. Review of applications will begin January 6, 2014, and continue until a suitably qualified candidate has been identified. Salary is low $30K commensurate with qualifications. Excellent fringe benefits package. Employment at Washburn University and Washburn Tech may be conditioned upon satisfactory completion of a background check.
TO ENRICH EDUCATION THROUGH DIVERSITY, WASHBURN UNIVERSITY IS AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER. CANDIDATES FROM UNDER-REPRESENTED GROUPS ARE ENCOURAGED TO APPLY.