Human Resources at Washburn University seeks candidates for a Coordinator, Business and Industry position at Washburn Institute of Technology (Washburn Tech). This position reports to the Dean, Washburn Tech. Employment at Washburn University and Washburn Tech may be conditioned upon satisfactory completion of a background check.
The incumbent of this position is required to represent Washburn Tech and Washburn University in a positive, professional manner and to develop and nurture institutional partnerships that will enhance the school’s educational efforts.
Program Identification, Development, Promotion and Assessment
- Conduct surveys, meet with business, industry and government leaders, and research industry trends to identify and assess training needs for area employers. Analyze costs and benefits to be realized from possible training programs and identify those that would be feasible and beneficial.
- Working with partners and industry/training experts, develop and design educational programs to assist area employers in developing the skills and abilities of their work forces through relevant training and education.
- Develop course curriculum to ensure training programs are consistent with training needs and meet employer and Washburn Tech standards.
- Develop and administer program budgets to ensure expenses for developed programs are covered and necessary resources are available to ensure the success of each program.
- Develop and employ marketing materials, develop and deliver presentations and network with area employers to promote customer training programs.
- Develop education program assessment tools and collect and analyze data to measure learning results relative to employer needs and expectations as well as achievement of final competency standards and final Return on Investment. Identify and initiate corrective action to improve effectiveness and performance.
- Identify and secure facilities and other training resources relative to course needs, working collaboratively with partners such as the Topeka Chamber of Commerce, GO Topeka, Heartland Visioning, the Kansas Department of Commerce and the Kansas Board of Regents to identify and secure training resources outside the Washburn Tech service radius.
- Recruit, select, train and supervise teachers and staff to support and/or develop courses or special programs.
- Work collaboratively with vendors, business and industry leaders, government and public officials to identify grant opportunities that would support and enhance educational programs and efforts at Washburn Tech.
- Draft narrative, compile data, assemble supportive materials and work with granting agencies as appropriate to prepare and submit grant applications.
- Monitor and track grant processes from submission through awards. Work collaboratively with the Washburn Foundation to attain and manage financial resources.
- Attend and participate in institutional and/or staff meetings, functions and ceremonies, serve on committees and task forces to maintain an awareness of issues relative to Washburn Tech.
- Participate in professional organizations and groups to create a Technical School presence and establish important networks and partnerships.
Perform other duties as assigned
REQUIRED: Bachelor’s degree. Experience in education, education administration, marketing, business development, public relations or a related field. Knowledge of curriculum development and adult learning principles. Ability to use computer technology. Valid Kansas driver's license with acceptable driving record under University standards.
PREFERRED: Master's degree. Two years of experience in education, education administration or business.
Submit a letter of interest, resume, Resume Supplement for Administrative Positions, copy of official college transcript(s), and names and phone numbers of three professional references to firstname.lastname@example.org or to Washburn University Human Resources, 263 Morgan Hall, 1700 SW College, Topeka, Kansas 66621. Review of resumes will begin July 30, 2012, and continue until a suitably qualified candidate has been identified. Salary is upper $70K to $80K, commensurate with qualifications. Excellent fringe benefits package.
TO ENRICH EDUCATION THROUGH DIVERSITY, WASHBURN UNIVERSITY IS AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER. CANDIDATES FROM UNDER-REPRESENTED GROUPS ARE ENCOURAGED TO APPLY.