Human Resources seeks candidates for an Application Analyst, Finance and Reporting position in Information Technology Services. This position reports to the Assistant Director, ITS, Application Services. This position primarily supports the Finance Office in its use of Banner and all areas in their use of the Argos reporting tool.
ADMINISTRATIVE SOFTWARE SUPPORT
- Interact with functional users via telephone, email and face-to-face meetings to provide end-user support for administrative information systems software.
- Examine job functions and analyze the security needs of individuals authorized by area heads to access administrative information software. Recommend the appropriate security classes to the Database Administrator.
- Communicating with other Application Analysts, analyze the impact of assigned modules on other areas of administrative information system software to make configuration decisions and provide for non-problematic integration of modules.
- Monitor patches and upgrades of administrative information systems software and other integrated software, informing areas of needed patches/upgrades to keep the modules current and reliable.
- Analyze data integrity issues and determine appropriate steps to clean up data and maintain the integrity of the system.
- Develop scenarios in test mode to replicate problems/errors, and design possible solutions through the testing of alternatives.
- Test/troubleshoot software integrated with administrative information systems software.
- Collaborate with Systems Administrator staff, the Database Administrator and/or vendors to install, update and configure partner applications and ensure software meets the needs of the functional areas.
- Collaborate with the Database Administrator to make necessary changes to the production database after appropriate testing and sign-off from the appropriate area head.
- Document administrative information systems processes to establish and modify backup procedures for use by other Application Analysts.
- Consult listservs, release guides and vendor online support, and communicate with other educational institutions to identify and research solutions to problems in administrative information systems software.
- Research features of future versions of administrative information systems software to assess their impact on functionality, including Banner forms self-service, in order to plan for future implementation. Provide high-level summaries of new features to supervisor for making decisions about future projects.
- Serve as Argos Administrator: create user ids, datablocks, ad-hoc and permanent reports and schedule off-hours reports to provide access and support, assess and report activities.
- Develop specifications for queries/reports and write corresponding SQL scripts to generate queries/reports/extracts. Check output for reasonableness.
- Document query/report criteria and reflect report criteria through meaningful titles and column headings or other annotations where necessary.
- Develop a code repository in collaboration with other Application Analysts and Institutional Research to standardize data definitions and minimize duplication of code.
APPLICATION DEVELOPMENT ANALYSIS & TESTING
- Analyze the needs of functional users, develop and document applications to meet these needs.
- Together with programming staff, create testing scenarios for the applications being developed.
- Test to see if developed applications meet the requirement specifications.
- Collaborate with other Application Analysts to develop training materials for administrative information systems software.
- Train staff on the use of modules in administrative information systems software.
- Provide backup training for other Application Analysts on the general navigation of administrative information systems software.
- Provide backup for other Application Analysts.
- Serve as an Information Technology Services representative on project teams as assigned.
- Document issues and known solutions using ticket-tracking software.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
REQUIRED: Bachelor's degree in Computer Information Systems, Accounting, or business related field. One year of experience creating SQL database queries using TOAD, Access, SQL Developer, or any similar query tool. Strong interpersonal communication skills as well as problem solving and analytical skills.
PREFERRED: Experience with any of the following: Argos reporting tool; PL/SQL coding; operational data store and/or data warehouses; integrated database information systems; Ellucian Higher Education software (Banner); University student and/or financial aid systems; finance and/or human resource systems; or institutional research reporting.
Submit a letter of interest, resume, Resume Supplement for Administrative Positions, copy of official college transcript(s), and names and phone numbers of three professional references to firstname.lastname@example.org or to Washburn University Human Resources, 263 Morgan Hall, 1700 SW College, Topeka, Kansas 66621. Review of application materials will begin August 5, 2013, and continue until a suitably qualified candidate has been identified. Salary is low $50K commensurate with qualifications. Excellent fringe benefits package. Employment at Washburn University may be conditioned upon satisfactory completion of a background check.
TO ENRICH EDUCATION THROUGH DIVERSITY, WASHBURN UNIVERSITY IS AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER. CANDIDATES FROM UNDER-REPRESENTED GROUPS ARE ENCOURAGED TO APPLY.