Green Cleaning Program
It is our goal to implement green cleaning practices to minimize the cleaning effects on facility occupants and the environment, and to establish an effective program that helps improve indoor air quality.
Some green cleaning practices include:
- The use of Green Seal certified products and implementing Green Seal cleaning service standards whenever possible.
- Providing staff training on the green cleaning process.
- Installation of electric hand driers.
- The use of high-performance entry matting systems, 12 to 15 feet at building entrances and other key locations inside and outside a building.
- The use of high-filtration vacuum cleaners with HEPA filters and sealed casings and hose connections.
- The use of carpet equipment and carpet cleaning methods, suggested by manufacturers to maintain a warranty.
- Replacing old carpet extractors with new low-moisture carpet extractors, as equipment wears out. New low-moisture carpet extractors use about 1 gallon of water per minute, allowing the carpet to dry in 30 minutes; whereas old extractor uses about 3-5 gallons per minute.