Contact our Marketing Director
Washburn Brand Bible
Contact our Budget Director
The WSGA Funding Request Process Pre-Steps:
· Contact Accounts Payable to make sure your Agency Account is correct
· Read WSGA’s Funding of Organizations Policy
All of this amount can be used for on-campus events
Up to $2,000 can be used for off-campus events per request.
Only $300 can be allocated for shirts per project/event.
Only $300 can be allocated for advertising per project/event.
The maximum amount that WSGA can allocate to any one event is $8,000.
1. Fill out both forms below:
2. Email both forms to the Budget Director at firstname.lastname@example.org. Forms are due before Monday at 5 p.m. of the week you plan to present your request to the Allocations Committee. The Allocations Committee meeting you choose to attend must be at least 15 days prior to the start date of your event.
When filling out the Funding Request Form and Spending Breakdown, have the following information prepared:
o Organization Fundraising: What fundraising has the organization participated in this school year? This can include membership dues as well as traditional fundraising options such as selling t-shirts (or any item) or receiving monetary donations from the community or other companies.
o Organization Community Service: What community service has the organization participated in this school year? This can include anything from participating in food drives to volunteering at a local homeless shelter or adopting a stretch of highway to clean up monthly.
o Total Cost of Event: This is the total cost of the event or project. This can be more than $3,000, but WSGA will not give your organization more than $3,000 per year.
o Total Cost Requested: This is the amount that you are requesting from WSGA. This cannot be more than $3,000. If your organization does not know exact costs, over-estimate and inform the Allocations Committee.
2. Attend the Allocations Committee meeting. These meetings occur every Wednesday evening in the Lincoln Room after full Senate adjourns (upper level of the Union). Representatives from organizations are recommended to show up early and wait in the Thomas Room.
3. At the meeting, you will present your funding request, information about your club, and the club’s fundraising and community service completed in the past 12 months. Representatives should dress professionally, be punctual, and be prepared to answer questions.
o At this point, the Allocations Committee will grant the funding request “favorable” or “unfavorable” status.
4. Attend the next full Senate meeting (usually the following Wednesday) in the Kansas Room at 6:30 p.m. to present your funding request to the senate. (The funding request will be presented to the Senate as a bill.)
o A member of the organization requesting funding MUST attend this meeting to answer any questions the Senate might have regarding the request.
5. If the bill passes, the Budget Director with communicate with you for further instruction.
6. After your event the Budget Director will send you a very important email which is highlighted below. The critical aspect at this point is that copies of all receipts used for the event must be turned in within 4 weeks of the event, if not turned in on time the organization may lose funding. Along with the receipts there must be answers to the following questions below.
o How the project benefited the university
o How the project benefited your student organization
o A categorized summary of all costs
o The number of people who attended the event
o The signatures of the adviser and an officer of your student organization
7. Once an Organization has complied with the above requirements a fund transfer request will be sent to the Finance Office. This step takes around 2 business days.
8. PLEASE READ: At this point relations with WSGA has ended. The following are requirements that the Finance Office has before an Organization will have the funds put into their account. It is the responsibility of the organization advisor and authorized student officers to complete payment vouchers for use of the WSGA funding.
o Payment Vouchers can be obtained on the Finance Office website.
o Original receipts or invoices must be attached to the payment voucher.
o The organization advisor and at least one authorized student officer must sign the payment voucher. Any disbursements payable to an authorized signer must be approved by another authorized signer.
o Payment vouchers are submitted to the Finance Office/Accounts Payable located in Morgan Hall, Room 211.
o Checks are processed Monday and Thursday afternoon, available for mail Tuesday and Friday. Payment vouchers must be marked otherwise if not to be mailed.