One of the duties of the Washburn Student Government Association is to provide funding to registered student organizations when requested. The process for acquiring funding requires completion of the following steps.
The WSGA Funding Request Process
1) Fill out a funding request form (click HERE and HERE to view the two forms). Your forms are due before Monday at 5pm of the week you plan to present your request to the Allocations Committee (see step 3). This Monday must be at least 15 days prior to the start date of your event.
2) Email to Budget Director Mazachek at firstname.lastname@example.org.
3) Find out when the next Allocations Committee meeting is from Budget Director Mazachek, and make plans to attend. These meetings occur every Wednesday evening after full senate adjourns in the Lincoln room (upper level of the Union).
4) At the meeting, you will present your funding request, information about your club, and the club’s fundraising and community service completed this year. Representative should dress professionally, be punctual, and be prepared to answer questions.
*At this point, the Allocations Committee will grant the funding request “favorable” or “unfavorable” status.
5) Attend the next full senate meeting (usually the following Wednesday) in the Kansas room at 6:30 PM to present your funding request to the senate. (The funding request will be presented to the Senate as a bill.)
*A member of the organization requesting funding MUST attend this meeting to answer any questions the Senate might have regarding the request.
6) If the bill passes, be in communication with Budget Director Mazachek for further instruction.
(click here to view Funding Policy)
Before attending the Allocations Committee Meeting, have the following information prepared:
Organization Fundraising: What fundraising has the organization participated in this school year? This can include membership dues as well as traditional fundraising options such as selling t-shirts (or any item) or receiving monetary donations from the community or other companies.
Organization Community Service: What community service has the organization participated in this school year? This can include anything from participating in food drives to volunteering at a local homeless shelter or adopting a stretch of highway to clean up monthly.
An individual organization can receive a maximum of $3,000 per school year:
All of this amount can be used for on-campus events
$2,000 of this amount can be used for off-campus events
$300 of this amount can be used for shirts