Payments on Student Accounts
Washburn University offers several options for the payment of student account balances. Accepted payment methods include cash, checks (paper made payable to Washburn University or electronic through WU-View), debit cards, and credit cards (Visa, MasterCard, Discover, and American Express payments through WU-View only). Please note that daily transaction limits on your bank account may restrict the amount that can be paid when using a debit card, regardless of whether you are paying at the cashier window or online. No credit card payments will be taken over the phone.
A $30.00 fee will be charged to the student account for each check (paper or electronic) returned for non-payment.
- Log in to WU-View to pay by electronic check, signature debit card or credit card, or to set up a payment plan for the current term. Debit cards can only be used for online payments if a Visa or Mastercard logo is on the front of the card. Please note that daily transaction limits on your bank account may restrict the amount that can be paid when using a debit card. Payments made with credit cards will be charged a 2.75% convenience fee ($3.00 minimum). View the Credit Card Policy for more information regarding online payments.
- Payments may be made at one of the cashier windows in Morgan 103. Accepted payment methods include cash, checks (made payable to Washburn University), money orders, or PIN-based debit cards. Please note that daily transaction limits on your bank account may restrict the amount that can be paid when using a debit card. A secure drop box is available for cash or check payments made outside of business hours. Credit card payments must be made online. View the Credit Card Policy for more information regarding online payments.
- Payments may be mailed to the Business Office (1700 SW College Ave., Topeka KS 66621). Please be sure to include the student’s name and Washburn Identification Number (WIN). Please make checks payable to Washburn University.
By Wire Transfer
- Wire transfers from U.S. banks only may be sent directly to our bank account using these instructions. Please contact the Business Office at firstname.lastname@example.org and alert us to the incoming payment so that the correct student account will be credited.
- Wire transfers from banks outside of the U.S. must be sent to Washburn via Flywire. Washburn has partnered with Flywire to streamline the tuition payment process and to assist us in ensuring all payments are received with the information we need for each student. International students can go to washburn.flywire.com to begin the payment process, to learn more about Flywire, or to find international support 24/7. A Washburn ID (i.e., your WIN number) is required when using Flywire.