Financial Aid Refunds
- If you receive more financial aid than what you owe to Washburn, the difference will be refunded to you.
- Refunds may be directly deposited into your bank account or picked up from the Business Office in the form of a check. Valid picture ID must be presented when picking up a check.
- Parent PLUS loan checks are mailed directly to the parent.
- The first dates refunds will be available are on the Business Office home page under Important Dates.
- Refunds will be generated daily after the initial date in Fall and Spring, up to the payment deadline each term. After the payment deadline, refunds will be available on Tuesdays and Thursdays.
- Refunds will be generated according to the published refund dates during the Summer, and will be available on Tuesdays and Thursdays throughout the term.
- We encourage students to sign up for direct deposit of financial aid refunds via WU-View.
- Upon request, the Business Office will mail refund checks instead of holding them for pickup.
- Unclaimed refund checks will be mailed after ten days to the current address we have on file for the student.
- The Business Office reserves the right to refund excess financial aid to a credit card used to make a prepayment.
* NOTE: Title IV loans (Stafford loans and Perkins loans) will be disbursed in one or two parts, depending on the borrower's student status. In addition, a minimum hour requirement must be met.