The Student Recreation and Wellness Center (SRWC) is intended for the recreational use of Washburn and Washburn Institute of Technology students, as well as faculty and staff who purchase a membership to the facility. Faculty and staff who become SRWC members may also purchase memberships for their spouses/domestic partners (dp). Memberships may be purchased at the SRWC front desk.
For purpose of membership to the SRWC, individuals will be defined as students, faculty or staff based upon the criteria listed below:
- Tuition paying, full-time enrollment eligible, students are considered SRWC members
- Part-time students, who are eligible to be full-time students, are considered SRWC members
- Faculty and Staff members who are paying for tuition are considered students and, therefore, they are considered SRWC members
Please contact the SRWC for further clarification.
- Benefit eligible member of the faculty
- Adjunct faculty (currently under an employment contract)
- Retired faculty - Retired status will be verified with the Human Resources department
- Benefit eligible member of the staff
- Part-time and/or Temporary staff (currently under an employment contract)
- Retired staff - Retired status will be verified with the Human Resources department.
If you meet one of these criteria, download and complete the membership form and bring it to the SRWC. Incidental employees are not eligible for SRWC membership.
Note Regarding Spouse/DP Members: Spouse/dp membership does not include access to nutritional analysis, fitness assessment and exercise prescription services, or group exercise classes. These services are available to spouse/dp members for an additional fee. Also, spouse/dp members will have a one-time-charge of $10 to cover the cost of getting a Washburn University Patron Card. Patron cards can be obtained at the Ichabod Service Center located in the Memorial Union.
Student Rates: Membership included with tuition
Faculty and Staff Membership Rates: $75/six months (July 1-December 31, January 1-June 30), $150 annual.
Payroll Deduction: Membership forms will be accepted at the SRWC front desk. Individuals wishing to utilize payroll deduction will have copies of their forms forwarded to Human Resources for processing. $12.50 will be deducted monthly. Adjunct faculty are not eligible for payroll deduction.
SRWC members may host a non-member by purchasing a guest pass. Guest passes are available at a daily rate of $7.00. Cash or check only.
Please note the following guidelines:
- Guest passes may be purchased by the host at the SRWC front desk.
- Host's membership will be validated before being allowed to purchase a guest pass.
- Guests will be required to show picture identification and sign a liability release upon entering the facility.
- Minors are not eligible to be sponsored as guests.
- A guest pass is valid on the date of purchase only.
- If the information provided on the guest pass is found to be misrepresented in any way, the sponsoring member's facility privileges may be affected (up to and including loss of membership privileges).
- The host must accompany the guest while using the facility. Guests are not allowed to use the facility if the sponsoring member is not present.
- Hosts and their guests are responsible for compliance with all facility policies. Failure to do so will result in loss of guest privileges.
- Guests are not eligible to participate in rock climbing wall or group exercise programming opportunities.
- Each member may host no more than one guest per day.
- A guest cannot host another guest.
- A guest cannot check out equipment, lock, etc.
- Students registered for the fall semester, who are in good standing with the university, will be allowed to utilize the facility August 15 - December 31.
- Students registered for the spring semester, who are in good standing with the university, will be allowed to utilize the facility January 1 - August 15.
- Students enrolled for summer only will be allowed to utilize the facility May 15 - August 15.
All policies are subject to change.