Residential Living invites all faculty, staff, and students to be a part of our annual Move Crew to assist students moving into the residence halls and apartments this fall.
Over the years Move Crew has become a wonderful Washburn tradition.
In 2016, we had over 400 volunteers registered!
We've switched to an electronic form! All participants must fill one out individually.
As this is a stressful time for many people, please follow these guidelines when helping:
- Please check in! When you arrive for your shift, please check in at the Move Crew registration table and look to see where you have been assigned to help. There will also be assignments posted at the front desk area.
- Wear your Move Crew T-Shirt! This makes you easier to identify as someone who could help a new student.
- Don’t be shy! Seek out a student, introduce yourself, and ask if they would like help moving their belongings inside.
- Ask for a room number! We have been very fortunate in the past, having only a few misplaced items, but it does happen! Please make sure to ask what room and building the resident is living in, additionally make sure you are in the correct room when you drop items off.
- Remind drivers to move! Please encourage people to move their cars after unloading, we really try to assist new people on campus from getting a parking ticket! Everyone in LLC, Kuehne, West, and Washburn Village should park in Parking Lots 7 & 9. Everyone in Lincoln should park in Parking Lot 4.
- Stay Hydrated! Drinks and cool-down areas are located in the Lincoln, LLC, and Village Commons lobbies, please stop by to get out of the heat and cool down!
- Keep Calm! If anyone asks you a question you are not sure how to answer, please direct them to one of the Residential Living Staff members who will be wearing housing staff t-shirts!