Resident Assistants (RAs) are student leaders who live on the premises and are responsible for approximately 50 residents for the academic year. Some of their job responsibilities include:
- Programming for their community according to Residential Living's 6 Core Values: Scholarship, Life Skills, Community, Diversity, Wellness, and Service
- Serve as a campus resource to students
- Serve on duty rotation for their complex
- Disseminate information to residents about policies and procedures
- Create door decorations and display cases for their community
- Mediate roommate/suitemate conflicts
Applications: Currently not available
Before you begin the application process, please take the time to:
- Review all of the qualification requirements, responsibilities of a Resident Assistant
- Answer the 2 essay questions and have them prepared and ready to attach at the end of the application
Please answer the following essay questions thoughtfully and completely. Responses should be typed and submitted on separate pages. A minimum of one page, double-spaced, per question is appropriate. In addition, complete sentences should be utilized to compose essays that clearly articulate your response.
- Why are you interested in serving as a Resident Assistant?
- Please describe the strengths you possess that would contribute to your success as a Resident Assistant. Examples of leadership experience or experience in the Residence Halls is strongly encouraged.
Two references are required. References may come from faculty, staff, organization advisors or a work supervisor. In addition, a current Resident Assistant or Desk Assistant may serve as one reference. The only people excluded from submitting a reference are members of the Residential Living professional staff (Director, Assistant Director, Village Coordinator, or Administrative Assistant). After selecting your two references, please have them fill out the attached form and return it to the Resident Living office before 5:00 p.m. on Friday, February 3rd.
Please Note: As part of the RA Selection process you must go through the group interview, which is scheduled for Sunday, February 12th from 1pm-4pm