Cable television is included in the cost of room and board. Each room has one cable TV outlet. Extended cable channels such as HBO, Showtime and Cinemax are not available in the residence halls.
Local phone service is no longer provided in the residence halls. Community phones will be provided in each wing/building/floor (depending on the facility).
Wireless high-speed internet access is available. Rooms in the LLC and the Washburn Village have two data ports; Kuehne & West have one data port per room. To utilize the network connectivity, a student must:
Before gaining access to the wireless network, you must:
Using a browser on the wireless device in an area on campus with a wireless access point, try to access netreg.nix.washburn.edu.
The Washburn University Wireless Registration screen should appear. If it does not:
- Possess a wireless device with a wireless interface card and configured for DHCP protocol.
Know your Washburn e-mail address and password.
- Only four wireless devices may be registered per person per semester.
Enter your Washburn Office 365 username (email@example.com).
Read the information on the screen.
Indicate your agreement to the stated terms by selecting the "Accept" button.
When the confirmation screen appears, reboot the system.
- Determine if you are in a location on campus with wireless availability.
- Make sure the wireless card is properly installed in the wireless device.
- Check the wireless network configuration to make sure it is set up for DHCP.
- Check to make sure the time and date on the wireless device are accurate.
- Delete the browser's temporary Internet files (cache). In Internet Explorer, this is done by selecting Tools, then Internet Options.
- Go to step (3) and try again. If the University Wireless Registration screen does not appear, stop by Bennett 104, call 785.670.3000, or contact firstname.lastname@example.org.
If you have questions about internet service, please contact ITS at 785-670-3000 or email at email@example.com.