Resident Assistant Application
Before you begin the application process, please take the time to:
- Review all of the qualification requirements, responsibilities of a Resident Assistant
- Answer the 2 essay questions and have them prepared and ready to attach at the end of the application
Please answer the following essay questions thoughtfully and completely. Responses should be typed and submitted on separate pages. A minimum of one page, double-spaced, per question is appropriate. In addition, complete sentences should be utilized to compose essays that clearly articulate your response.
- Why are you interested in serving as a Resident Assistant?
- Please describe the strengths you possess that would contribute to your success as a Resident Assistant. Examples of leadership experience or experience in the Residence Halls is strongly encouraged.
Two references are required. References may come from faculty, staff, organization advisors or a work supervisor. In addition, a current Resident Assistant or Desk Assistant may serve as one reference. The only people excluded from submitting a reference are members of the Residential Living professional staff (Director, Assistant Director, Village Coordinator, or Administrative Assistant). After selecting your two references, please have them fill out the attached form and return it to the Resident Living office before 5:00 p.m. on Friday, February 21.
- Important Dates
- RA Hiring Information Meeting, January 27 @ 5:00 p.m. (LLC lobby)
- RA Hiring Information Meeting, February 11 @ 8:30 p.m. (Washburn Village lobby)
- Application deadline, February 21 @ 5:00 p.m.
- RA Selection process, February 23, 2:00 - 5:00 p.m. (Memorial Union)
- Applicant interviews with Professional Staff, February 24 - March 6
- Applications notified of their status, March 10 by 5:00 p.m.