Apply for Housing
A completed application to live on campus includes:
- A completed Housing Contract (complete online, instructions below)
- $300 prepayment & deposit (can be completed online, by mailing a check or making a cash payment).
- Meningitis Form
While there is no deadline to submit a housing contract, students will be assigned to rooms based on a "first come, first served" basis. Students residing in university housing are required to have a meal plan.
Instructions for filling out on-line contract:
To sign up for Housing at Washburn University you must submit a housing application to Residential Living and pay a $300 deposit. To do this please follow the steps below:
To fill-out contract:
- Log on to your My Washburn account at https://my.washburn.edu
- Click on the Student Life Tab
- Look for the box on the screen that says Residential Living and click the Submit Housing Application link
- Fill out the application. Please note that you will only be able to search, view, and request roommates once you have paid your $300 deposit. Additionally, you will need to return your your application for the self-assign room selection process that will take place beginning April 18th for any new students.
- If 17 years of age or under, click View Contract, print it out, Sign and date the contract and send to Residential Living.
To pay deposit:
- Return to your My Washburn Account, still on the Students tab looking in the Residential Living box, click on the Pay Housing Deposit link
- On the new screen the click WU-View button (on the left)
- Click on the eDeposits tab
- In the Make Deposit Payment for Term box, use the scroll down menu to select the term you will be paying the deposit for and click Select
- In the Make Deposit Payment box, use the scroll down menu to select Housing/Damage Deposit and click Select
- In the Housing/Damage Payment box, review the type of deposit and term and click Continue
- Select your payment method or enter a new payment method and click Continue
- Review the payment information and click Submit Payment
If you must make a change to your Residential Living Contract, please e-mail email@example.com, with those changes before June 1st.
If you'd like to cancel your contract and receive your full $300 deposit, please e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org before June 1st.