Apply for Housing

Housing and Dining Contract FAQs

Who can apply for Housing?

All students admitted to Washburn who plan to enroll full-time, are eligible to live in the university residence halls.

What is the cost of living on campus?

Click here to view the cost sheet for our different facilities: Cost Sheet

Can I live in the Washburn Village Apartments?

In order to live in the Washburn Village Apartments students must have completed a minimum of 24 post-high school college credit hours.  We have many incoming first year students that have completed a number of college credits through a variety of programs during their high school career.  We understand that academically students may begin their time at Washburn as Sophomores, but we have set this requirement in an effort to provide an environment where we can focus on students' first year experience and transitioning to a collegiate setting.

When should I submit my Housing application for the Fall?

Housing applications for the Fall are typically available online beginning February 15th.  We utilize a self-asigned room selection process that allows students to view open rooms in real time and select the space most suited for them. New students can expect the self-assign option to be available to them around the middle of April.  Since it never hurts, we always suggest filling out your application and paying your deposit sooner rather than later.

What do I do if I have been put on the waiting list for housing?

There has been the occasion in which we have a wait list, but each year we have been able to place most, if not all, of the wait listed students by the second or third week of classes.  The speed at which we can place students on the wait list is entirely dependent on how many contract cancellations we receive.

I wish to cancel my housing contract.  Can I get a refund? What do I do?

In order to cancel your contract, Residential Living needs written confirmation of your request to cancel your contract.  We ask that you email your request

  • If you cancel your contract before June 1st, you will be refunded the full $300 deposit.
  • If you cancel your contract after June 1st, but before you move in, you will be refunded $100 of the $300 deposit.
  • If you cancel your contract after you have moved in, or any point throughout the academic year, you will be responsible for paying 35% of the remaining contract costs.

How would I go about requesting a special accommodation?

We do everything we can to meet the needs of all of our students.  If you require a special accommodation we ask that you contact the Student Services office to submit your request.  Once you have registered with them and submitted your request, they work with us to help provide you with an option that will meet your needs. You can contact them by:

Which building is the best place to live?

Each of our facilities has its own set of benefits for students living on campus.  We suggest that you explore the different housing options to see which facility best meets your needs.