Washburn University Career Services offers almost all the same services for alumni and for students. There are three exceptions:
- For access to BodJobs, there is a $30 annual fee for alumni beginning 6 months after graduation
- Optimal Resume is a contracted service; there is a $19.95 annual fee for alumni, payable to Optimal Resume
- Access to B-Level career assessments (those that require interpretation by a professional) is limited for alumni. FOCUS2 is free for all. If a WU Career Services career counselor recommends MBTI or Strong, there is a $15 fee for either or $25 for both. MBTI and Strong are only offered through Career Services to alumni when recommended by a member of the Career Services counseling staff.
Free career webinars
Take advantage of the free career webinars launched by the Washburn Alumni Association. The webinars contain valuable information you can use during your career, and you can view previously recorded presentations. Visit the webinar website to watch the webinars and for more information about the series. The schedule for upcoming webinars is:
- 7 p.m., Oct. 7: "The Hidden Job Market: Creating Opportunities Out of Thin Air"
- 7 p.m., Oct. 14: "Career Asset Management"
- 7 p.m., Oct. 21: "The Mentor's Guide: Facilitating Effective Learning Relationships"
- 7 p.m., Oct. 28: "Get What's Yours: The Secrets to Maxing Out Your Social Security"
- 7 p.m., Nov. 4: "The Strategic Networker"
- 7 p.m., Nov. 11: "The Power in a Link: Open Doors, Close Deals"
- 7 p.m., Nov. 18: "Workout: Games, Tools and Practices to Engage People"
- 7 p.m., Nov. 25: "Life Reimagined: Discovering Your New Life Possibilities"
- 7 p.m., Dec. 2: "Impressions: The Power of Personal Branding"
- 7 p.m., Dec. 9: "Dream Job Revolution! Get the Job You Want"
- 7 p.m., Dec. 16: "How to Think Like Leonardo da Vinci"
- 7 p.m., Dec. 23: "What Color is Your Parachute? For Retirement"
- 7 p.m., Jan. 6: "Interview Like Yourself ... No, Really! Follow Your Strengths and Skill"
- 7 p.m., Jan. 13: "Networking is Not Working: Stop Collecting Business Cards"
- 7 p.m., Jan. 20: "Robots Will Steal Your Job. Tricks to Survive"
- 7 p.m., Jan. 27: "Retire Smart, Retire Happy: Finding Your True Path in Life"
- 7 p.m., Feb. 3: "How to Write Better Resumes and Cover Letters"
- 7 p.m., Feb. 10: "Rise: 3 Practical Steps for Advancing Your Career"
- 7 p.m., Feb. 17: "Anticipate: The Art of Leading by Looking Ahead"
- 7 p.m., Feb. 24: "Social Security: The Inside Story"
How we can help
- Check out our Career Services main page.
- If you are an employer interested in recruiting Washburn students or alumni, we can help.