Alumni recruiting students
Washburn University would like alumni to recruit students to campus. If you’re interested in helping, please contact Admissions or contact the Alumni Association at 785.670.1641 or via email.
Washburn will provide you with training and documentation about the university before you visit with students.
Among the ways you can help recruit students:
- Be a home host: Host a reception in your home for students in your area who have been approved for admission to Washburn.
- Visit a school: Stop by a high school in your community or your high school alma mater and visit with a guidance counselor.
- Washburn booth at a college fair: Volunteer to work alongside Washburn’s Admissions staff at a fair held in your area.
- Host a reception: Pick a location outside your home and host a reception for area students.
- Attend a recruitment event: Visit with students and their parents about Washburn.
Other ways you can help Washburn
- Alumni Fun Run: The Washburn Alumni Association’s annual 5K run and two-mile walk funds our scholarships, which contribute thousands of dollars to dozens of legacy students every year.
- License plates: Purchase a Washburn Ichabod license plate. The proceeds help fund our scholarship program.
- Give to Washburn: The Washburn University Foundation provides numerous opportunities for alumni and friends to support whichever program they choose.
- LinC: Learning in the Community is one of the signature service organizations at Washburn. LinC works with organizations and agencies throughout the community and state and is quick to lend support in times of need such as the Harveyville, Reading and Joplin tornadoes.
- You can help the Washburn Alumni Association and Washburn University in numerous other ways. Call us at 785.670.1641 or send us an email for more information.