Alumni board of directors
Sixteen alumni serve on the Washburn Alumni Association board of directors, who serve four-year terms with a maximum tenure of eight years. The board elects a president and vice-president, both of whom serve two years in their capacity. Four of the 16 directors are elected or re-elected each year.
Alumni Association board of directors
- Ann (McIntosh) Adrian, b ed ’67, Newton, Kan.
- Jami (Torske) Bond, bba ’04, Gardner, Kan.
- Vince Bowhay, ba '08, Hays, Kan.
- Stacey (Vossen) Calhoon, ba ’89, Topeka
- Brian Clarke, bba ’03, jd ’06, Wichita, Kan.
- Vice-president Dawn (Fernandez) Dennis, as ’99, Topeka
- Billie Jean (Bergmann) Graham, bba ’09, Topeka
- President John Haverty, ba ’99, Topeka
- Barbara (Dickeson) Leabo, b ed ’64, Independence, Mo.
- David Manley, bba ’67, Auburn, Kan.
- Mark Ross, bba ’83, Overland Park, Kan.
- Eric A. Taylor, bba ’03, Olathe, Kan.
- Gail (Gottschalk) Urban, mba '99, Manhattan, Kan.
- Roger VanHoozer, ba ’72, Springfield, Mo.
- Jeanne (Marker) Vawter, ba ’70, m ed ’93, Topeka
- John Ybarra, ba ’97, Topeka
Alumni Association committees
- Events: Evaluate existing events, suggest new events and volunteer at events.
- Student Recruitment: If called upon by the Admissions Office, assist with student recruitment in your area. Also assist in setting up an alumni recruitment network in targeted areas set forth by the Admissions Office.
- Scholarship/Fundraising: Assist with the planning and implementation of the annual scholarship fun run. Brainstorm to come up with other potential fundraising ideas.
- Membership: Assist in the promotion of becoming a dues paid member of the Alumni Association and aid in the retention of existing members. Research other college alumni associations in effort to enhance our existing member benefits, programs and affinity programs.