Before You Return Home
If you are a one or two-semester exchange student who is completing his/her exchange program and won’t be returning to WU, don’t forget to:
- Request a transcript of courses/grades from the Registrar’s Office in Morgan Hall, Room 177. The cost is $8.00 per transcript. For more information, click here.
- Check out of the residence halls/dorms properly. Check with your Resident Assistant (RA) or with the Office of Residential Living in the Living Learning Center (LLC) or Washburn Village for more details. Important: if you will be completing your exchange program in December, you must cancel your housing contract with Residential Living by December 1st.
- Submit your travel plans. The Office of International Programs will arrange transportation to the Kansas City International Airport (MCI) airport for exchange students and graduating students who are returning home. Click here to submit your travel plans.
If you are a degree-seeking student and will be returning to Washburn after the Winter Break or Summer Break, don’t forget the following:
- Get your I-20 (F-1 visa) or DS-2019 (J-1 visa) document signed by Baili, Heidi, Sharon or Andy in the Office of International Programs before you leave the U.S.
- Travel with a valid passport and your current I-20 or DS-2019 document.
- Pay any remaining balance due to WU (tuition, housing, etc.) before you’ll be able to enroll for the next semester.
- If you are planning to travel to a third country, check the U.S. Department of State website regarding travel warnings/advisories for that country
- Provide your travel information/itinerary and contact information to a friend or the Office of International Programs, in case of emergency.
- If you need to renew your visa before returning to the U.S., make sure to apply as early as possible. To view a list of U.S. embassies/consulates and their locations, please click here.
- Update our office with any change to your local address or contact information.
Post Program Survey
The Office of International Programs (OIP) is collecting information from international students who are graduating, completing their direct exchange program, or transferring to another U.S. university. The information which you provide is confidential and will be used to improve the services and support offered to future international students by the OIP. Please click here to access the survey. We appreciate your participation, and wish you all the best!
If you have any questions or concerns before you travel/finish the semester, please don’t hesitate to contact the Office of International Programs.