1. International On-line Application for Admission
2. USD$ 70 non-refundable application / processing fee payable to Washburn University (money order or bank check/draft recommended)
3. (For regular admissions)TOEFL score report - Washburn requires a balanced score of 72-iBT or 6.0 on IELTS for undergraduate students and 80-iBT or 6.5 on IELTS for graduate students. (Applicants with low or without TOEFL can be admitted into the Intensive English Program first.)
4. Original Financial supporting documents, such as a current bank statement
5. Original transcripts. In countries where original transcripts cannot be obtained, attested transcripts must be sent by the issuing school to the International Programs Office directly. No attested transcripts submitted by the student will be accepted.
6. Signed Signature Page (The page will automatically appear after you submit the online application.)
7. Signed and Completed Financial Disclaimer Form (The page will automatically appear after you submit the online application.)
Please note: Visiting / Exchange students from Washburn's partnership schools must include a housing contract in their application. There may also be additional documents required. Check with the international office of your school for details.
Washburn offers Master's Degrees in the following fields: Business Administration (MBA), Education (Administration, Special Education, Curriculum & Instruction), Psychology, Liberal Studies, Social Work, Human Services, Criminal Justice, Nursing, and a JD Degree in Law. If you apply for admission to one of these programs, please contact that department for additional application information. Generally, in addition to the above documents, you will be expected to submit the following:
a. The departmental application form
b. GRE/GMAT (for MBA Program)/LSAT (for law) score, with minimum scores determined by individual departments
c. Two or three letters of recommendation depending on the program
If you are coming to study English only, you just need to submit 1, 2, and 4 as described above.
If you are transferring from another school in the U.S., you must also submit these documents:
a. A copy of your current I-20 Form (pages 1 and 3)
b. Complete the Transfer Form and have your current foreign student advisor send it directly to Washburn's International Programs Office.
c. A copy of current F-1 or J-1 visa, I-94 card, and passport I.D. page
*All items that apply to an applicant must be received before the application can be processed.*
Once you are admitted, an I-20 Form and an acceptance packet will be sent to you by regular air mail. If you desire faster and more secure mail service, you may request US Postal Express Mail or Federal Express. Please include $40 for US Postal Express or $80 for FedEx or DHL service.
Fall (beginning mid-August) -- April 15 (if campus dorm is requested)
Fall (beginning mid-August) -- June 15 (if campus dorm is NOT requested)
Summer (beginning end of May) -- April 15
Spring (beginning mid-January) -- November 15