Getting Started at Washburn
So, you have been accepted to Washburn. Congratulations! But now you may be wondering, "What next?"
- Your Washburn email address is where all school related information will be sent.
- You can access your email at http://outlook.washburn.edu
- Login using your full Washburn email address and password (sometimes refered to as a WUAD password)
- Check this email OFTEN
- Outlook has an automatic "Clutter" filter that sometimes hides messages you need. It is recommended to turn that off.
- Go to http://outlook.washburn.edu
- At the top right corner of the page, go to Settings (it looks like a gear or a flower)
- Type "clutter" into the "Search all settings" box and press Enter
- Click on Clutter
- Uncheck the “Separate items identified as clutter” box
- Click the Save button at the top of the screen
- You may want to check the course schedule and registration information guide before you register for courses.
- Once you know what courses to take, register for courses and access your schedule
Once you have registered for classes, you should now have access to Desire2Learn.
There are two ways to access Desire2Learn:
- Log into your MyWashburn account using firstname.lastname and password
- Go to the MyCourses tab
- Click on the Desire2Learn logo
Go Directly to Desire2Learn:
- Open a new browser window or tab
- Go to https:/d2l.washburn.edu.
- Log in using your MyWashburn username (firstname.lastname) and password.
Here are a couple of videos that might help you find your way around Desire2Learn.
Online Student Resource Center
In Desire2Learn, at the top of any page, you will find a link to the Online Student Resource Center. This center has information on many of the things you might need to know as a student at Washburn. Some of the things you will find there are:
- Desire2Learn Orientation
- Getting Started at Washburn (includes instructions on how to use parts of MyWashburn)
- Academic Advising information
- Academic Support information
- Technology Resources