MBA International Students
Did you know 20 percent of the students in the Washburn MBA program are international students? The Washburn School of Business and Office of International Programs are eager to help you achieve your goals.
Contact the Office of International Programs with any questions regarding the university application process, English language proficiency requirement or Immigration-related inquiries.
International students applying to the Washburn MBA program must:
- Already have a university credential that is equivalent to a US bachelor’s degree
- Satisfy the admission requirements for the Washburn University MBA program. Among the requirements is a score of 450 or better on the GMAT exam and a minimum undergraduate grade point average of 2.75 on a 4.0 scale
- Have your transcripts from any non-US institutions evaluated by a recognized evaluation service at your expense. Washburn University requires a course-by-course report from either Educational Credential Evaluators or from the World Education Services
- Take the Test of English as a Foreign Language (TOEFL), or International English Language Testing System (IELTS) and request that scores be reported directly to the School of Business, Washburn University, Topeka, Kansas 66621. Students without a score or with a low score should seek admission to the Intensive English Program. Native speakers of English or students who have earned a four-year degree from a US college or university are exempt from these requirements.
- Submit the required international application and other required materials to the Office of International Programs. The international application fee is $70 US (Note: this fee is separate from the $40 US MBA application fee).