BA in Sociology Student Learning Outcomes
Sociology majors at Washburn University, upon graduations, should be able to:
- Critically analyze the role of culture and social structure in shaping the lives of members of society;
- Identify, describe, and apply core sociological theories/perspectives to social phenomena at the micro and/or macro levels;
- Explain the effects of race, class, gender, and other forms of diversity on life chances at the individual, institutional, and/or societal levels;
- Frame sociological questions of significance, outline processes by which they might be empirically answered, and evaluate the major ethical issues involved; and
- Demonstrate analytical reasoning skills by interpreting numerical, textual, and ethnographic information.