Student Learning Outcomes for Religious Studies
Religious Studies students at Washburn University, upon completion of the program, will be able to:
- Demonstrate an understanding of the subject matter of, and various methods used in, the academic study of religion;
- Describe the nature and diversity of world religions;
- Demonstrate competence in a concentrated area of religious studies;
- Assess various theories, concepts, and materials (e.g., written texts, oral reports, archaeological data) central to the academic study of religion;
- Conduct and present research in written form;
- Orally explain and defend positions taken in written research.