Admission Criteria and Information
Download Application (.pdf)
- Students must be accepted to Washburn University and have a completed Physical Therapist Assistant program application packet on file with the program director by February 1 of application year to be considered for acceptance into the program.
- Application to the program does not constitute admission. The PTA Program accepts a maximum of 24 students each year through a competitive admissions process.
- Selection of students is based on: grades, letter of intent, observational summary, letters of recommendation, past work and volunteer work experiences, previous/current relevant college course work, observation hours and clinicians' recommendations. Based on this information, selected students are offered probationary positions in the program.* Please see individual forms in the PTA Program Application Packet for scoring information.
These materials must be submitted prior to February 1 of the application year:
- Washburn University Application for Admission form (see link on PTA Home Page)
- Official transcripts for ALL colleges and universities attended
- Washburn University Physical Therapist Assistant Program Application form
- Washburn University Physical Therapist Assistant Program Letter of Intent form
- Washburn University Physical Therapist Assistant Program Observation Reflection form
- Two Washburn University Physical Therapist Assistant Program Personal Recommendations forms
- Two Washburn University Physical Therapist Assistant Program Clinical Observation forms
- Personal resume according to the guidelines in the application packet.
Physical Therapist Assistant
Physical Therapist Assistant Program
Allied Health Department